Deemed a main release, GraalVM 20 increases on beforehand obtainable builds for Windows platforms. Windows builds now incorporate the
gu utility for putting in elements and enhanced GraalVM Native Image guidance. GraalVM’s Node.js guidance for Windows is scheduled for the 20.1 release.
[ Also on InfoWorld: The new functions in Java 14 ]
Other improvements in GraalVM 20 incorporate:
s-load-from-classpathpossibility was added to make it possible for loading of documents from the the classpath by using
classpath:pseudo URLs. This utilization is not proposed with untrusted code.
- The GraalVM distribution for the AArch64 architecture now has a useful
js.bind-member-functionspossibility has been added for implicit binding of unbound functions returned by
Value.getMembercodeto the receiver.
- An implementation of the ECMAScript
- For Java, GraalVM 20. has added mitigation for Bounce Conditional Code Erratum (JCC) to stay clear of functionality loss on Intel units.A JDK Flight Recorder Data Viewer has been added for VisualVM, a resource for heap assessment.
- The LLVM compiler toolchain is now primarily based on the LLVM 9.. runtime.
- For Python, Jython compatibility has been enhanced.
- The Python Positional-Only Parameters proposal has been executed.
- Assist for the Ruby language has been current to Ruby two.6.five. There also has been functionality improvements for Ruby pertaining to sockets and
Copyright © 2020 IDG Communications, Inc.