Entity Framework Core 7., a prepared update to Microsoft’s open source, cross-system, item-relational mapper (ORM), will aim on themes such as JSON and SQL queries
Also referred to as EF Core 7, or EF7, the update, thanks in November 2022, will be the the future launch right after EF Core 6, which arrived final month, according to a Microsoft website publish posted December 15. There are no programs for a EF Core 6.one launch, Microsoft reported.
Amongst the themes slated for investment decision in EF7 is JSON columns, with consumers capable to help save and question into JSON-based documents saved in relational databases columns. The functionality is slated to introduce a frequent mechanism and styles for JSON help that can be implemented by any databases service provider. Designs contact for working with the local community to align existing implementations for PostgreSQL and MySQL even though adding help for SQL Server and SQL Server Lite.
Also eyed for EF7 are uncooked SQL queries for unmapped forms. This attribute would let applications to execute far more forms of uncooked SQL queries without the need of dropping down to ADO.Net or applying third-bash libraries.
Microsoft reported a great deal perform prepared for EF7 will involve improving the knowledge obtain experience for .Net across distinctive platforms and domains. This will involve perform in EF Core in which required but also perform in other spots, with a aim on platforms such as the .Net MAUI cross-system improvement framework, the ASP.Net Core internet improvement framework, and the Azure Synapse analytics system.
EF7 now is targeted for use with .Net 6, but may possibly be up to date to a prepared .Net 7 launch. Other themes eyed for EF7 incorporate:
- Bulk updates that offer efficient, predicate-based updates for quite a few databases rows without the need of loading knowledge into memory.
- Lifecycle hooks that let applications to respond when “interesting issues happen” in EF code. These hooks empower notification of an software or library when specific circumstances or actions manifest for entities, qualities, associations, queries, context circumstances and other EF constructs.
- Mapping of entities in a hierarchy to independent tables without the need of using the general performance strike of desk-for every-variety mapping.
- Enabling code produced by
dotnet ef databases
scaffoldto be thoroughly customized.
- Mapping of inserts, updates, and deletes (CUD operations) to saved strategies.
- Assistance for benefit generation when applying benefit converters.
Copyright © 2021 IDG Communications, Inc.